What is AR?
Augmented Reality (AR) is defined as an artificial concept to the world around you. It is a facilitation of unreal circumstances with regard to a persons surroundings and can be done so virtually online.
By official definition it is described as:
- a technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user’s view of the real world, thus providing a composite view. (Oxford Dictionary)(Image from Investopedia / Ryan Oakley)
(Image from MiningTechnology.com.au)
It’s Benefits ||
1) It can be an escape for people and to spark creative flare
2) It’s generally free for users and allows for global connectedness
3) It’s a testament to the available technology we have
4) It’s fun!
It’s Problems ||
1) People might lose their ability to have face-to-face human interaction
3) Surveillance Capitalism
4) Can influence peoples opinions